[imp] IMP and Secure IMAP

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
22 May 2002 15:10:15 -0400

On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 15:02, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
> Steve Lidie wrote:

> >> No, but I have now. When I try to get IMP to login to secure IMAP...
> >> *nothing* shows up in horde.log
> >>
> >> I'm going to go look in horde/config/* for some loglevel setting stuff...
> >>

> > FWIW, I have yet to get imap/ssl to work either.  I fake it via stunnel
> > for now ...
>

> you using imap/ssl/novalidate-cert ?
>
> Has *ANYONE* here gotten it working?

I have imap/ssl/novalidate-cert connections working fine: imp-3.1RC2 +
courier imap (on localhost), also imp-3.0 w/ courier (on localhost).

Here's my server entry from imp-3.1RC2 (horde/imp/config/servers.php)

$servers['imapssl'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP-SSL',
    'server' => 'localhost',
    'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert',
    'port' => 993,
    'folders' => 'INBOX.',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'your.domain.com',
    'smtphost' => 'localhost',
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => ''
);

> Since the mail server is on the same box as IMP, I'll settle for wrapping imap
> to only accept connections from localhost and having IMP use imap, and have
> external clients use imap/ssl and pop/ssl, but I'd LIKE to get it working.

I remember having some difficulty setting it up, but I don't recall what
the problem was.  It does work though...

-ED

--
Edward Glowacki			glowack2@msu.edu
Michigan State University