[imp] SMTP auth in IMP (Important)

Santiesteban Sifontes alietss@yahoo.com
Tue, 28 May 2002 20:46:08 -0700 (PDT)

 Hi all in list:
 I'm configuring IMP 3.1 RC3 with HORDE RC3 against
 an SMTP server that requires authentication,
 (Authentication against SMTP server is becaming an
 important part of nice configured SMTP servers of
 course you can be sure of this), now the problems is
 that I know that  I must configure smtp in
 horde/config/horde.php but there's no example of how
 to do this I've been seen the class of SMTP of PEAR
 and I've read the mailing list and I put this
 $conf['mailer']['params']['auth'] = true;
 $conf['mailer']['params']['host'] = localhost;
 $conf['mailer']['params']['host'] = 25;
 $conf['mailer']['params']['username']=
 Auth::getAuth();
 $conf['mailer']['params']['password']=

                 Auth::getCredential('password')

 But all I get is a blank page, if remove the
 Auth::getAuth(); and Auth::getCredential('password')
 and put a fixed user and password with access to the
 smtp server Horde load ok but when I send the email
 return error access denied by the smtp server when
 in
 fact this user can send mail.
            I hope your help.
              New challenges, new SMTP times boys