[imp] Umlaut characters with Mac Netscape 4.7x

Tero Matinlassi tero.matinlassi@edu.vantaa.fi
Wed, 29 May 2002 13:28:08 +0300

Umlaut characters ( etc) are shown wrong when using Mac Netscape 4.7.
For example, "" shows as "%." or something similar. (Using CVS RELENG)

Also when composing message, when one writes these characters, the
message is sent with wrong characters to the receiver (ending up
like " ", only thing I can see here is "box" characters, I don't
know if these characters get through).

Is this a known issue? Is there something that can be done to this? I
notice that Horde doesn't set charset information on HTML headers. I
don't know if it'll help, but that could be one possibility.

Since I don't have a Mac, I've pretty limited resources testing this.

-Tero

--
Tero Matinlassi
Postipalvelimen yllpito