[imp] imp_show_quota....

Joshua E Warchol jwarchol@dsl.net
Fri, 31 May 2002 15:39:38 -0400

If you've got IMP properly configured but still don't see the quota
displaying above the mailbox, it is likely that you don't have your
IMAP server setup properly.

Courier is interesting in how it gets the quota information. It reads it
out of a file called "maildirsize" in the users Maildir. If that file
does not exist, or is in the wrong format, Courier will not return
data that imap_get_quota can use.

Try checking the quota yourself,

telnet imapserver 143
. login user password
. GETQUOTA ROOT
. logout

If you don't see :

* QUOTA "ROOT" (STORAGE 1 25600)
. OK GETQUOTA Ok.

Then you probably don't have a maildirsize file. That file must be created
by your MTA. Courier will creat it, there is a patch to Postfix that will
create it, some mojo could make sendmail do it, or you can use the
"maildrop" MDA that courier makes for this (it also supports niffty filtering).