[imp] Setting up IMP

Sat, 1 Jun 2002 23:38:48 -0500

Quoting Kevin Everts <evertsk@myrealbox.com>:

> I'm interested in setting up a mailserver and I was hoping I could get some
> suggestions on what to use.

Since you're on the IMP mailing list, I think you're going to find people
recommending IMP (plus some mail software of your choice, like sendmail,
wu-imap, courier-imap, etc).  You don't actually give enough info to
make good decisions as to which imap/smtp/pop3 software would be best.

>  Here is what I want to do:
>
> -Collect email from my domain name
> -Fetch email from other pop3 servers
> -Sort my email in separate folders based on content
> -Web access
> -IMAP access

The CVS HEAD version of IMP will do all this, though the release versions
don't hve the remote pop3 fetch.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage