[imp] Why attchment image couldn't show inline on imp HEAD?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 21:44:21 -0600

Quoting Pradit Wattanasuwan <pradit@tubtim.cri.or.th>:

| imp/config/mime_drivers.php has the driver to support images to show
| inline.
|
| [snip]
|
| Why can't I see inline images on my e-mail?
| Is I need more config?

Images will only be shown inline _IF_ they are NOT labeled as attachments.
If the MIME part's content-disposition header labels the image as an
attachment, the images can *not* be shown inline - this would break RFC
2183:

   2.2  The Attachment Disposition Type

      Bodyparts can be designated `attachment' to indicate that they are
      separate from the main body of the mail message, and that their
      display should not be automatic, but contingent upon some further
      action of the user.

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder