[imp] Redhat 7.2 Imp Problem

mcctek@mcc4u.com mcctek@mcc4u.com
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 20:30:02 -0500

Howdy!

I don't know if this is actually a problem with Imp or not.  I'm no linux
guru (in fact, I don't even use linux except for occasionally installing
server components), so it's probably just a minor thing I've overlooked.

I link to imp by the server's ip address (since it has no registered domain
name), and I connect to the login page with no problem, but I can't login
because it looks for the next page according to the hostname.  Of course,
the result is a dns error.  I would assert, at this time, that I am neither
motivationally nor mentally deficient and have therefore scoured the
preference files and faq's to find a solution.  It stands to reason,
however, that I
would not be writing this had I been successful.

I would appreciate any help and/or ridicule one may offer.

Thank You,
James