[imp] replacing @ in login name

Hanser, Kevin kevin@merchantinternetgroup.com
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 19:02:16 -0400

I have my IMP setup on a machine that hosts multiple domains via virtual
hosts.  My virtual hosts usernames correspond to the domain that they belong
to, so that I can keep track of what users go w/which domain, and so that I
don't have username conflicts.  What I'd like to be able to do is have the
user enter their email address into the imp login, and then do some
manipulation on the username to convert it to the actual system user name
(the system user name can be gotten from the email address, it just needs
some reformatting).

Where would I put the data manipulation code to modify the username after
the user hits the login button?

thx

Kevin Hanser
System Administrator