[imp] This is what the server said: Invalid mailbox name

mcctek@mcc4u.com mcctek@mcc4u.com
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 18:41:30 -0500

Howdy!

I'm having trouble with Imp, again.  Whenever I try to delete an item, now I
get the following error message:

The folder "trash" was not created. This is what the server said: Invalid
mailbox name
There was an error moving messages to the trash. This is what the server
said: Error in IMAP command received by server.

It was working fine, but we were having an IP conflict and so it wasn't
accessible off of the server.  The person who set up Imp did so according to
the Redhat FAQ on the Imp 3.0 page, but set up the virtual host in Apache
with the same IP address assigned to the NIC as we have only one IP address
allocated for the machine on this network.  We removed the entry made by
this person as we believed it was a possible cause of the conflict and that
also, logically, it would not affect the function of Imp.  The IP conflict,
however, was caused by a different machine.

We haven't recreated the Virtual host as we are uncertain as to what values
to give it and of its usefulness given the circumstances.

We would appreciate any help offered.

Thanks,
James