[imp] IMP Compose message

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:20:14 +0200

Zitat von Mac Table <mactable@yahoo.com>:

> Is it possible NOT SHOW the email address at "From"
> header, such as:
>
> IMP always send out message with
> "Wrom: WLSZLKBRNVWWCUFPEGAUTFJMVRES
>
> But I just want "Wrom: KPNKMBIPBARHDMNNSKVFVWRKJVZ
> address show in from field.

No, this would break RFCs.

> I need this because some of my user have tow or more
> identities, even they put the actual email address in
> identities, but "From" field is still showing the
> login email address.

That's probably a misconfiguration. What does exactly happen if user set an
email address in their identities? Where do the login addresses appear? In
the identities after they saved them with a different address? In the
compose screen? In the outgoing messages?
Did you lock any identity preferences? Did you setup a from hook?

Jan.