[imp] Login Failed

Emily Stemmerich estemmer@unixgal.com
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:45:41 -0700

I just joined the list recently and didn't receive the original
messages about the issue of failed logins from IMP to either pop or
IMAP servers, but saw it in the archives.  Since I didn't see a
solution and I recently figured out this problem on my server I'll
share what I've learned.

I'm using IMP 3.0 and wanted to set up two server choices, for some
reason 1 of the servers worked but no others.  I was receiving the
error message in the mail server logs with "command stream end of
file while reading line user=??? host=UNKNOWN".

I finally tried using the syntax discussed in the server.php file
for IMP 3.1 and found that using the imap/notls or pop3/notls fixed
my issue.  You might want to try changing your config and giving it
a try.

-Emily