[imp] CVS upgrade for imp

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 19:01:28 -0700

Quoting Benjamin Ash <bash@twignation.com>:

| Hi,
|
| I have checked out imp using cvs.  I want to do an upgrade or checkout
| the latest version but I do not want to lose my configuration files.
| What is the best way to do this?
The configuration files come with .dist as

horde.php.dist          mime_drivers.php.dist   prefs.php.dist
html.php.dist           mime_mapping.php.dist   registry.php.dist
lang.php.dist           motd.php.dist

in the horde/config directory.  The same is true of all the horde
programs.  You can then compare your horde.php with the new horde.php.dist
and update your version.  Personally, I use something like
# sdiff -o horde.php.sdiff -b -s horde.php horde.php.dist
to do a merge and then
# mv horde.php.sdiff horde.php

I hope this helps,

ed

P.S.  I'm assuming that you know that initially you need to copy all the
.dist to the basename with something like.

# for i in *.dist
> do
> cp $i `basename $i .dist`
> done