[imp] Login Fails when password contains backslash

Joost De Cock Joost.DeCock@astrid.be
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 14:02:18 +0200

I'm no horde or imp expert, but in general in php, you can escape a character
if you precede it with a backslash, so maybe it works if you replace \
(backslash) with \\ (backslashbackslash)

just a thought

Joost

Quoting "Pape, Michael J." <papem@union.edu>:

> Horde 2.1-RC1
>
> IMP 3.1
>
> Apache 1.3.23 with SSL
>
> Tru64 Unix 5.1
>

> Users with a backslash in their password are denied login ("Login failed
> for some reason. Most likely your username or password was entered
> incorrectly".) Tru64 Unix has no problem with this, so I'm leaning
> towards a problem with IMP/Horde - is there are config. option that I've
> missed?
>

> Thanks.

The information in this mail is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not
an intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the
information contained in the email.