[imp] Login Fails when password contains backslash

Pape, Michael J. papem@union.edu
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 16:33:58 -0400

Thanks for the reply,

I've upgraded to Horde 2.1 final with the same results. The tarball for
IMP extracted to ./imp-3.1, so I'll assume that this is the final, but
it was around the beginning of March, so it might pay to get the latest
which looks to be currently dated 6/10/02.

I also had another reply that led me to look at how imapd responds to
the "\" in passwords -- I've replied to the list with my results...

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Hagenbuch [mailto:chuck@horde.org]
Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2002 12:22 PM
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] Login Fails when password contains backslash

Quoting "Pape, Michael J." <papem@union.edu>:

> Users with a backslash in their password are denied login ("Login
failed
> for some reason. Most likely your username or password was entered
> incorrectly".) Tru64 Unix has no problem with this, so I'm leaning
> towards a problem with IMP/Horde - is there are config. option that
I've
> missed?

I'm not sure what configuration option would affect it, but this works
fine
here. Are you using 3.1 final? Or 3.1-RC1, like Horde? Any reason you
haven't upgraded Horde to 2.1 final?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see,