[imp] Login Fails when password contains backslash

Joseph Brennan brennan@columbia.edu
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 08:53:17 -0400

--On Saturday, June 15, 2002 12:22 -0400 Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting "Pape, Michael J." <papem@union.edu>:
>
>> Users with a backslash in their password are denied login ("Login failed
>> for some reason. Most likely your username or password was entered
>> incorrectly".) Tru64 Unix has no problem with this, so I'm leaning
>> towards a problem with IMP/Horde - is there are config. option that I've
>> missed?

RFC 2060 prohibits certain characters in imap passwords:

(   )   {   %   *   "   \   space   control characters

Maybe it's the server that is rejecting this password?

Joseph Brennan                           postmaster@columbia.edu
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)