[imp] greyed out e-mail

Mon, 17 Jun 2002 08:28:10 -0500

Quoting Jon Parise <jon@horde.org>:

> On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 09:04:27PM -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:
>
> > I suppose you can ask the mailing list folks for the horde project if they
> > can do something about this, but it is likely their software won't allow
> > for changing this...
>
> I'm not sure how that would work without munging the individual
> messages.

They do just that -- only slightly, but still munging.  They convert the
"--\n" to "-- --\n" (or something like that) so that dimming code isn't
triggered, but is still semi-recognizable to the user as a signature.
This is from memory -- if you want the actual codes I can find out.

> Do MIME digests suffer from this, or just the plain text versions?

I don't get any MIME digests, so I can't say.  Text versions most definately
suffer this, and that is what I receive most (I've just gotten used to reading
the grey text).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage