[imp] greyed out e-mail

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:13:08 -0400

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 08:28:10AM -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:

> > > I suppose you can ask the mailing list folks for the horde project if they
> > > can do something about this, but it is likely their software won't allow
> > > for changing this...
> >
> > I'm not sure how that would work without munging the individual
> > messages.
>
> They do just that -- only slightly, but still munging.  They convert the
> "--\n" to "-- --\n" (or something like that) so that dimming code isn't
> triggered, but is still semi-recognizable to the user as a signature.
> This is from memory -- if you want the actual codes I can find out.

I don't like the idea of munging messages from the mailing list server
end at this is basically a client-side render problem.

However, it might be possible to detect that a given message is a
digest message (Michael, are there standard headers for this?), in
which case we could disable signature dimmer selectively for those
messages.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)