[imp] qustion about auto-forwording and sieve

Mon, 17 Jun 2002 21:20:12 -0500

Quoting Zhang Bo <boozhang@sdb.ac.cn>:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> In my setup, the mail-account information is stored in mysql,
> so there is no real system account for email user. The .forword
> file is for system account,so your forward and vacation modules
> do not work with my setup.

I agree.  I'm offering to try to adapt the code to work sql storage systems
*if* I can find someone who is willing to help with (a considerable amount
of) the work involved.

If you're not willing to help, I may go ahead and code some stuff up anyway.
But I would still need someone to test/debug it...

> Sieve was built in Cyrus2.x, someone says that using seive is the easiest
> way to do Mail forwarding without '.forward'. I am not familiar
> with sieve, so I want to look for a sieve module to implement the
> mail forwarding without '.forward'.

I think there are multiple ways to do this.  Seive may be one.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage