[imp] UNEXPECTED_DATA_AFTER_ADDRESS@.SYNTAX-ERROR.

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:21:18 -0600

Quoting Kenny Olano <k.olano@netonestop.net>:

| Hello
| 	When I move an account's sent-mail over to our new mail system
using imp
| 3.0 and courier.  Some mail has the following in their from address:
| "somename@domain.com <somename@domain.com>"  and imp gives this error in
| the
| from field "somename@domain.com
| UNEXPECTED_DATA_AFTER_ADDRESS@.SYNTAX-ERROR".   Is there a fix for this
| or
| some type of work around?

This is an internal IMAP error - for whatever reason, the c-client library
can not parse that particular address string pass a certain point.  There
is nothing IMP can do about this, except handle the errors a bit more
graciously.  The HEAD version will hide this error - come to think of it, I
never merged this change into the RELENG branch so I'll do that in a few
minutes also.

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder