[imp] creating/deleting folders with dots

Oliver Kuhl okuhl@netcologne.de
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:23:56 +0200

Hi!

In the foldes-view I created a folder called "Dr.Web". Then a folder "Dr" was
created and a folder "Web" beneath. That's not what I expected.

What do you think, is it a bug? Or is there an option to prevent users creating
folders with dots? I think the problem is in my case the courier-imap-server
with maildir, which doesn't allow dots in the folders because they're
interpreted as another folder. Maybe there is a possibility to replace the dot
with any kind of entity.
The other Problem is that you can't easily delete the folder "Dr". You have to
delete the folder "Web" and cannot delete "Dr", but if you log out and in again
the folder "Dr" is gone. Seems to be cache by IMP.

In my opinion two behaviours of IMP would be fine:
1. Folders with dots cannot be created and the user gets an error-message.
2. Folders with dots can be created and the created folder really has the name
the user wants (i.e. "Dr.Web")

What do you think?

Regards,
   Oliver.