[imp] creating/deleting folders with dots

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:15:52 +0200

This message is in MIME format.

Zitat von Oliver Kuhl <okuhl@netcologne.de>:

> In my opinion two behaviours of IMP would be fine:
> 1. Folders with dots cannot be created and the user gets an
> error-message.

This is no option, because the folder separator can be different than a dot. Even if we forbid the system's separator this wouldn't be an option because what you claim to be a bug, I'd call a feature, allowing to move a folder just by renaming it to a folder name containing the seperator.

> 2. Folders with dots can be created and the created folder really has the
> name
> the user wants (i.e. "Dr.Web")

This is not possible, because the behaviour you've seen is actually the expected behaviour by imap servers. You just can't create folder with the servers's seperator sign in it.

Jan.