Fwd: Re: [imp] Attachment interface confusing to users

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:24:19 -0400

Probably meant for the list. Greg, if you're reading this, just check the
archives - the old way required having the _entire_ addressbook embedded in
the compose window in a javascript array.

----- Forwarded message from imp@petrasfamily.com -----
    Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:19:21 -0400
    From: Greg <imp@petrasfamily.com>
 Subject: Re: [imp] Attachment interface confusing to users
      To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>

Guys -

This has been a good discussion about the design, and I particularly liked
the
format of the page designed by Edward Glowacki
(http://hurakan.cl.msu.edu/~glowack2/test/imp/imp-compose-screen-3.html). I
have a question for the developers: why did we change the interface from
the
IMP 2.2.X style, where a 'tab' would expand names automatically? Is there a
way
to enable this old style in 3.X?

Thanks,

Greg