[imp] problem forwarding attachments

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 00:21:25 -0600

Quoting Tad Hunt <tad@entrisphere.com>:

| It appears as though MH (I don't know about other mailers) don't
| like the "message/rfc822" sections to be encoded in base64.

There's a reason why MH doesn't like it - it breaks the RFC.  According to
RFC 2046, message/rfc822 messages can only be 7bit, 8bit, or binary.  Thus,
a bug.  I have fixed this in HEAD - unfortunately, there has been mucho
changes to the MIME code in HEAD so I'm not sure how easy it will be for me
to merge this into IMP 3.x - I'll take a look tomorrow to see if this can
be done without too much effort.

| I don't have the original message that was forwarded to me through
| IMP, so I'm just assuming that IMP added the ``name="unnamed"''
| and ``"filename="unnamed"'' terms to the mime headers for each
| section.

Once again, the new MIME code makes sure this doesn't happen - for
forwarded message/rfc822 messages, only the content-type (and, if
available, description) MIME headers are used.

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder