[imp] SuSE 8.0 upgrade and IMAP issues solved? sorta

Jan Schneider jan@horde.org
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:14:22 +0200

Zitat von Barry <blclark@gci.net>:

> After much searching with no luck as to why my imap was behaving this
> way I finally decided to delete the user and then recreate the user
> after backing up the home directory, figuring that the new imap would
> work properly if it made its own folders.  I then logged into imp as the
> user that I recreated and every function worked just the way that it is
> supposed to work.  I could create folders and addresses now.  Obviously

I don't remember if you had a Cyrus or UW imap server, but there is way to
upgrade older Cyrus folders to the new format. There must be either an
UPGRADE file or an upgrade section in README inside the Cyrus package.
Perhaps this will work without the need to recreate each account. Just a
wild guess though.

Jan.