[imp] problem with filtering words in in-line attachments

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:52:42 -0600

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

| CVS HEAD as of yesterday...  Not sure about other versions (but I can
| check an older version if desired).
|
| I turned on the filtering of words in IMP, and when I get a single part
| mail
| message the words are indeed filtered.  But when I get a MIME message
| composed
| of multiple parts, it displays the message parts in-line (which I desire)
| but
| without filtering the words.

IMP will filter any words in a text/enriched or text/plain attachment.
This is whether they are viewed inline or not.  I just added filtering to
text/html parts also.

I don't believe IMP should filter anything in a message/rfc822 attachment
so that's not implemented.  The filtering will occur for these messages
when the individual text parts of the digest are viewed.  As for any other
text output we don't have a MIME_Viewer for, obviously they will not be
filtered either.  I guess it would be easy enough to write a generic text/*
Viewer that will filter unknown text parts, but is this really necessary?

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder