[imp] problem with filtering words in in-line attachments

Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:59:44 -0500

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> IMP will filter any words in a text/enriched or text/plain attachment.
> This is whether they are viewed inline or not.  I just added filtering to
> text/html parts also.

I think the message part in question was text/html and that may have been
the issue.

> I don't believe IMP should filter anything in a message/rfc822 attachment
> so that's not implemented.

Okay, I can live with that.

> The filtering will occur for these messages
> when the individual text parts of the digest are viewed.

That's what I wanted...

> As for any other
> text output we don't have a MIME_Viewer for, obviously they will not be
> filtered either.  I guess it would be easy enough to write a generic text/*
> Viewer that will filter unknown text parts, but is this really necessary?

Good question.  I guess the addition of text/html will fix what I was
complaining about.  I'm not too worried about other text types...  But
I wouldn't complain if you wanted to handle more ;)

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage