[imp] Behavior after delete & login actions

Fri, 5 Jul 2002 10:42:46 -0500

Quoting Dan Wilson <dan@acucore.com>:

> I've updated daily since the issues started...  I just assumed that someone
> would fix them.

I've learned to always report problems when I find them.  I've got 3 people
using my HEAD install, and the other two people have found only 1 error in
the code.  I've found dozens...  So just because you find something doesn't
mean others will...

> Ok... seeing as it's working correctly for others, what are some things I can
> do to figure out what's going on with my install.  Do I need to remove all my
> preferences from my database?  I'd really rather not do that because then I
> have to enter all my identites back in.  Is there a way I can selectively
> remove certain preferences that might be interfering with these features?

I certainly wouldn't touch the database!  If I suspected a prefs problem I
would check the defaults in the prefs.php files before I went to the database,
and I'd surely not want to go so far as to purge the database without good
cause.

> Any
> tips on how to recognize those prefs in the db would be greatly appreciated.

I'm wouldn't be so sure it is a prefs problem...  But nor do I have any idea
what it might be...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage