[imp] Wrong mimetype

Anders Thorsby anders@thorsby.dk
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 00:02:31 +0200

I have installed xlhtml and configured my Horde/IMP installation to use this
feature to show MS Excel documents.
However, I have noticed that Excel documents I receive is of a
application/octet-stream mime-type instead of one of the correct Excel mime-
types. I know this is the senders fault - but it even happens for Horde/IMP
when sending, and also for all the other mail clients out there. Does anyone
have any suggestions for this problem - how to work around it?
Could one configure Horde to check the file extension (eg. .xls) and from this
find the correct handler for the attachement? If not, xlhtml is rather useless
as it seems that only very few send these attachement with correct mime-type.
Plese correct me, if I got something completely wrong.

--
regards
Anders Thorsby