[imp] wrong message after delete

jlewis@lewis.org jlewis@lewis.org
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 18:09:03 -0400 (EDT)

I'm testing imp 3.1 with horde 2.1 running on Red Hat 7.3, talking to a uw
imap server running on a separate older Red Hat system, hoping to upgrade
from an old imp 2.2 setup.

Some of my testers have found bugs, one of which I can reliably reproduce.
If I select a few inbox messages, mark them as deleted, click "purge
deleted", and then click on a message after the deleted ones, I get the
wrong message.  i.e. delete message 10, purge deleted, click on the new
message 10, and you actually get message 11, as if the messages haven't
been renumbered properly since some were removed.  In fact, if I mouse
over the individual messages after purging a few deleted ones, I can see
the indexing is wrong.  i.e.

Mark message 2 as deleted.  Purge deleted.  The new message 2 (was 3)
will still be a link to message.php?index=3.  Click on that, and you get
the actual message 3 instead of the new message 2 which you clicked.

I posted about this a week ago and got no response.  Does that mean nobody
else sees or has seen this problem?  I've just tried compiling a newer
imapd on the imap server (imap2001a) and using that imapd makes no
difference.

I just did a little more testing, and it gets even stranger now.  Most of
my testing, including the above described steps were done in Opera 6.01
Build 175 on Linux.

Using Mozilla 0.9.2.1 on Linux, the behavior is different.  Mozilla + old
imapd-4.7 = same problem as above.  Mozilla + new imapd-2001a = after
purging deleted messages, the counters are all out of whack, but I get the
message I select.  i.e. Mark message 2 deleted.  Purge deleted.  The new
message 2 (was 3) is now a link to message.php?index=285.  Click it, and I
get the actual message 2.  It's nice that I get the right message, but the
index=285 worries me.  What could be going on?

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |