[imp] uw-imap,imp 3.1, mbox problems

William MacLeod elec8070@elec8070.plus.com
6 Jul 2002 10:07:29 -0000

This is a MIME encoded message.

Hello.

I'm having problems with my new IMP installation - when I log to view
email through IMP, I have to manually   go to the top right of the screen
and select the "mbox" from the drop box to get my inbox.

I cannot for the life of me encourage it to go to "mbox" on login without
me having to tell it to go there.

$user/mail/mbox is we want to be.

Mutt worked everything out right away without being told anything, so imap
does work ok.

Looking through the FAQs brought up a few possible problematic areas and I
have enclosed cut and pastes of these parts ("In Imp, users can't see any
other folders apart from the inbox")

Software: IMP 3.1, Horde 2.1, UW-Imap 2001a, Postfix 1.1.8, fetchmail
5.9.11, procmail 3.22.

FAQ* The $conf['user']['allow_folders'] setting in conf.php:

My file:

$conf['user']['allow_folders'] = true;

FAQ* Whether IMAP subscriptions are required ($_prefs['subscribe'] in
horde/imp/config/prefs.php).

My file:

// use IMAP subscribe?
// value of 0 = no, 1 = yes
$_prefs['subscribe'] = array(
'value' => 0,
'locked' => false,
'shared' => false,
'type' => 'checkbox',
'desc' => _("Use IMAP folder subscriptions")
);

FAQ* The configuration of the folders and namespace variables in
horde/imp/config/servers.php

My file:

$servers['imap'] = array(
'name' => 'Bethany CT IMAP Server',
'server' => 'database.bethany.org',
'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
'port' => 143,
'folders' => 'mail/',
'namespace' => '',
'maildomain' => 'bethany.org',
'smtphost' => '127.0.0.1',
'realm' => 'bethany.org',
'preferred' => ''
);

Thanks for any help.  Apologies if line breaks are broken in this mail.

Regards

William MacLeod