[imp] Bugs or configuration errors? (RFC 822 linebreaks.

Chris Hastie lists@oak-wood.co.uk
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 12:50:32 +0100

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Chris Hastie <lists@oak-wood.co.uk> wrote
>So Imp is sending <LF> only after the header and text body lines, but
>the lines making up the Base64 attachment are being sent with <CRLF>
>endings. Postfix seems able to deal with one or the other, but not both
>in the same message.

A bit more on this - I exported one of the unreadable messages and ran
it through the perl script to find out what Postfix does to these
messages that have both LF and CRLF endings. It converts all the LF to
CRLF, including the LF in the CRLF on the Base64 part, resulting in a
Base64 part that has all lines ending in CRCRLF. It's the stray CR that
my MUA reports as an illegal character.
--
Chris Hastie