[imp] (no subject)

Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:29:02 -0500

Quoting Bryan H <nve_this@yahoo.com>:

> Ok,
> I installed php-mysql and MySQL-shared (which was
> required for me to install php-mysql) and I now have
> MySQL support and file_uploads (changed file_uploads =
> On in /etc/php.ini)

Yeah!

> Now, when I try to log into IMP, I get an error:
> Login failed for some reason. Most likely your
> username or password was entered incorrectly.

Most likey your imap is trying to do ssl/tls and failing.  You should
be able to see this in the log files if so.

> I'm using IMAP-2000c-15 and sendmail (which I haven't
> configured yet).  I have an account on the box and I'm
> sure that I am typing the username and password
> correctly.  I even tried another account with the same
> results.  Any suggestions.

Edit horde/imp/config/servers.php and change the line the protocol setting
from "imap" to "imap/notls" and see if that helps.  Also make sure all the
other settings in servers.php are correct for your site.  Other things
to check are that you can connect to your imap server.  Is it running (enabled
in xinetd)?  Is it being blocked by tcp_wrappers (/etc/hosts.allow file)?

Your log files are the key to debugging this (/var/log/*, /tmp/horde.log,
/etc/httpd/logs/*).

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage