[imp] Permformance issue

jlewis@lewis.org jlewis@lewis.org
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:08:44 -0400 (EDT)

I'll take a stab at this.  Since IMP will use IMAP rather than direct
access to mail via the filesystem, putting IMP on the same system as the
IMAP server is likely of no benefit, and will only slow things down since
it's only going to take away CPU time and i/o from the IMAP server.  I've
always put IMP on its own box.

The apache processes (assuming you use apache) will be many and will chew
up alot of memory.