[imp] Administrative / Helpdesk tools

Gardner, Jeff jgardner@mail.park.edu
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:12:19 -0500

We are currently implementing IMP/Horde and are curious as to what other schools / business are doing for Administrative tools.  We are implementing IMP at a university with over 10, 000 students and will go "online" with the webmail server shortly.

We are using IMAP authentication as opposed to LDAP at this point.

We would like the helpdesk personell to be able to change passwords and other tasks.  How are you implementing Imp/Horde administration without letting helpdesk or other computer administrators have root access?

Sincerely,

Jeff Gardner