[imp] External modification of IMP identities

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 19:58:05 -0400

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 11:21:52AM -0400, Eric Gatenby wrote:

> Is there a utility script or something that would let me modify the IMP
> identity settings in the database from *outside* of the web interface? They
> appear to be stored in a specific format that I'd rather not mess with it.

Identities are stored as serialized PHP arrays.  See:

    http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.unserialize.php

You'll likely need to craft a PHP solution to your problem, unless you
care to duplicate the serialization routines in another language.

> This may sound cheesy, but I'd like to modify my signature from an outside
> program (ie, randomally chosen quotes, etc)

See $conf['hooks']['signature'] in imp/config/conf.php.

--
Jon Parise (jon@horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)