[imp] Re: [horde] Filtering based on headers

Ryan Gallagher ryan@studiesabroad.com
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:58:51 -0500

Quoting Ramon Kagan <rkagan@YorkU.CA>:

> HI,
>
> Using IMP3.1 is there a way to filter mail based on headers.  We're using
> SpamAssassin and would like to filter based on the header
>
> So far all I see are filters for To, From, cc, subject, body.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ramon Kagan

You might look into the Sieve filtering patch to IMP, this causes all your IMP
filters to be re-written as actual sieve scripts for directly filtering at the
IMAP/procmail level.  It re-writes the script ever time you edit your IMP
filters. Sieve can have filters that act based on headers however the IMP
interface will not let you create these using the GUI.

If you have the correct permissions however you should be able to set up another
script to execute as the mail arrives.

It sounds great but we haven't worked one bug out that's preventing the sieve
scripts (which exist and do run when they are supposed to) from actually
delivering the mail to the right folder. ?

If you (or anyone else had better luck) please fill us in regarding the "trick".

--
Ryan T. Gallagher
ryan@studiesabroad.com