[imp] Windows XP caches login credentials.

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 20:20:29 -0400

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 11:56:22PM +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:

> Sorry, I don'tt quite understand this.  Major sites with *REALLY*
> sensitive data (like internet banking sites) don't turn this option off,
> and also none of the web mailers I know (GMX.net, web.de, ...) do this -
> so why should Horde/IMP do this?  If a user isn't aware of the "risk",
> then he needs more training.  Maybe a warning could be added to the
> login page stating why it might be bad to store username/passwords.  But
> other than that, I completely agree with Jon.  This is totally a client
> side issue and IMP should NOT turn it off!

It's no so much that I care about it being on or off; I just don't
think it's our place to dictate the option one way or another.

If this were to become optional, it would be unfair to the users to
make it a site-wide setting.  The best thing to do would be to make it
a per-user preference.

And that leads me to my point: It already _is_ a per-user preference;
in their browser.

You points with regard to other sites leaving this setting up to the
browser are also quite valid, Alexander.

--
Jon Parise (jon@horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)