[imp] Windows XP caches login credentials.

Sun, 21 Jul 2002 22:38:41 -0500

Quoting Jon Parise <jon@horde.org>:

> On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 08:05:27PM -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:
>
> > > And that leads me to my point: It already _is_ a per-user preference;
> > > in their browser.
> >
> > That makes the idea of it being an Horde user preference dead.  As
> > you say, it already is a user preference.  (And if they don't set
> > browser prefs, they won't set Horde prefs).
>
> Yes, that's my point.  This only makes sense as a per-user option, and
> they already have that option in their browser, so there's no reason
> for us to implement it on our end.

Okay, this is my last post on this subject.  You should all know how I
feel by know...

But as always, I disagree with you.  It does not only make sense on a
per-user option.  It makes sense to implement it on password forms (remember
we don't want to disable autocomplete of everything, only for passwords)
for all users at a site as a method of enforcing site policy.  And making
it a site configuration option would allow for this.

That's my final comment.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage