[imp] Windows XP caches login credentials.

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 00:32:35 -0400

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 10:43:29PM -0500, Barry Pederson wrote:

> >Yes, that's my point.  This only makes sense as a per-user option, and
> >they already have that option in their browser, so there's no reason
> >for us to implement it on our end.
>
> But what if the user is using a browser that's not "their" browser?
> It's in a library, or a computer lab, or internet cafe - maybe they
> don't have access to the browser preferences.
>
> Sure, the person running the lab or whatever should set the browser to
> not remember that stuff, but can you absolutely always count on that?

That's a valid point.  The user should also be concerned about the
security of his or her password being transmitted in the clear.

--
Jon Parise (jon@horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)