[imp] Error setting sent mail folder: The folder "sent-mail" was not created. This is what the server said:Permission denied

Pat Blair pblair@stmarys-ca.edu
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:33:42 -0700

I have installed IMP-3.1-2 (with all prerequisites) to access a Cyrus =
IMAP server and things seem to be mostly working, with the following =
exception: whenever a user tries to modify his/her identity to "Save =
sent mail", they always get this message:
=20
 "The folder "sent-mail" was not created. This is what the server said: =
Permission denied"
=20
and the setting reverts to "None" for the profile.
=20
This happens whether or not I try to create a new folder (ie. even if I =
choose the "Use Default Value" which is "sent-mail" I get this message, =
whether or not a folder called "sent-mail" exists under "INBOX").  The =
users also get this error even if they explicitly try to put the folder =
under INBOX (ie. by specifying "INBOX.sent-items").  I've experimented =
with various different options in the conf.php and pref.php files and =
feel that I'm stumped.

As a side note, the users can create folders under INBOX in the "Folder =
Navigator" screen and that seems to work fine.=20
=20
I've been through the FAQ and the archives looking for a directly =
applicable solution, but am so far at a loss.  Can anyone provide me =
with some guidance?  Many thanks.

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have installed IMP-3.1-2 (with all =
prerequisites)=20
to access a Cyrus IMAP server and things seem to be mostly working, with =
the=20
following exception: whenever a user tries to modify his/her identity to =
"Save=20
sent mail", they always get this message:<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;"The folder =

"sent-mail" was not created. This is what the server said: Permission=20
denied"<BR>&nbsp;<BR>and the setting reverts to "None" for the=20
profile.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>This happens whether or not I try to create a new =
folder=20
(ie. even if I choose the "Use Default Value" which is "sent-mail" I get =
this=20
message, whether or not a folder called "sent-mail" exists under =
"INBOX").&nbsp;=20
The users also get this error even if they explicitly try to put the =
folder=20
under INBOX (ie. by specifying "INBOX.sent-items").&nbsp; I've =
experimented with=20
various different options in the conf.php and pref.php files and feel =
that I'm=20
stumped.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As a side note, the users can create =
folders under=20
INBOX in the "Folder Navigator" screen and that seems to work fine.=20
<BR>&nbsp;<BR>I've been through the FAQ and the archives looking for a =
directly=20
applicable solution, but am so far at a loss.&nbsp; Can anyone provide =
me with=20
some guidance?&nbsp; Many thanks.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>