[imp] Placement of folder pulldowns

Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:17:35 -0500

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > 1) I think it is bad, as it causes problems for new users.
> > 2) The problems go away after a week or two as people learn what's where.
> > 3) Try as I might, I couldn't find a better place to put things...
>
> I agree basically, and am open to better ideas. Did you try putting it on
> the left of the menubar?
>
> -chuck

Yes.  It really bugged me a lot for a while, so I moved it all over.
It just doesn't work anywhere else, near as I can tell.  But, after
a couple of weeks I just got so used to it being there, it wasn't a
problem for me, and I figured that same would happen for the users...

No one (from my user base) has complained.  The people I mentioned it
to here on-site all said, "yeah, but so what?"  So I've just learned to
let it be.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

harmless among the rank and file, but when management is afflicted the damage