[imp] Placement of folder pulldowns

Mike A. Oligny pandaro@freebsd.schema.ca
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:50:21 -0600

Chuck Hagenbuch (chuck@horde.org) wrote:

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > 1) I think it is bad, as it causes problems for new users.
> > 2) The problems go away after a week or two as people learn what's where.
> > 3) Try as I might, I couldn't find a better place to put things...
>
> I agree basically, and am open to better ideas. Did you try putting it on
> the left of the menubar?

- It would be more intuitive [but may go against the
  IMP look and feel] if the `Open Folder' button was
  not a big button, but appeared to be attached to
  the select box.

- I'm not sure how I would implement this, but it could
  be moved to the left side of the toolbar and the
  `INBOX' button could be removed.  (One click is nice,
  but if the select default was INBOX, it would still
  only be one click most of the time)  I think this might
  be a little more intuitive.

I'm having a problem with this select, actually.  It
doesn't like any folder names ending in `.' - I haven't
seen anything about making it work better with Cyrus in
the docs.  Can I somehow tell it the `.' is a delimiter
of sorts?

-Mike