[imp] fullname and expand_fromadress not working proparly

Bjørn Ove Grøtan bjorn.grotan@itea.ntnu.no
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 11:09:01 +0200

Excuse my poor english while you read.
Hi, I'm new on this list - so bear with my questions.

My horde/imp/turba installation is up and running, and have been
so for some months.
(Horde 2.1, imp-3.1 and turba-1.1)

I've setup in horde/imp/config/conf.php to enable
the functions imp_set_fullname and imp_expand_fromaddress.

Unfortunately - these are _never_ used from IMP. I've added som logging
in conf.php so if the function is used at all, it'll show up in the
horde log.

I have several mail-servers for this installation, and 1 LDAP-server
for storing usernames,fullname, user's default-mailadress and passwords.

I'm using LDAP for expanding mailaddresses and fullname.
When putting the function into a stand-alone php-file e.g. ldap.php
it works well - so I know this part of the code and the ldapsearch
is working proparly.

Is it anything I've missed somewhere?

.. and also.. when expanding addresses (not fromaddresses), search for
characters in norwegian (æ,ø,å -> ae,oe,aa) does not return any results
for people who have names with those characters in them. Searching for
names complying with an english characterset is ok. Commandline search
with e.g. /usr/bin/ldapsearch is working fine with special names and
characters. Any idea on what to do?

I was thinking of adding a filter on the search, changing those chararcters
to something else before doing the search, and search for a number of
derived thereof. If this is a solution, where do I add my code?

Best regards

Bjørn Ove Grøtan