Fw: [imp] Fwd: Simple question about IMP

Tim Gorter email@teletechnics.com
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 16:06:42 +0200

Antti,

I think you would get a little more help if you were a bit more detailed in
what you want to do. With IMP, that is to say with Horde, a multitude of
configurations is possible, it is _very_ flexible. Yet you blatantly say
that something is not possible, which I think everyone is very sure it is
possible. Although just making a general comment will not get you much more
than the answer that it _is_ in the faqs or mailing lists, and doesn't need
brain surgery.

So, in plain words describe what you would like.
maybe even include how you had your older version of IMP configured.

this maybe helpful... for a long time I had a different conical name for
every domain mail.domain.name all cofigured to go to the IMP login page. in
servers.php I put following solution (which comes from the mail archive), I
am sure there are better ones:

//This extracts the domain name like webmail.example.com to example.com
$this_domain=substr(getenv('HTTP_HOST'),strpos(getenv('HTTP_HOST'),'.')+1);

$this_mail_server='localhost';
$this_mail_smtphost='localhost';

$servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => $this_domain,
    'server' => $this_mail_server,
    'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => '',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => $this_domain,
    'smtphost' => $this_mail_smtphost,
    'realm' => $this_domain,
    'preferred' => ''
);

.... but this means you need to configure a conical name for every domain
and also adjust your apache setting, if that is what you are using....
(ie. you never told us - what are you using....????)

I hope this helped, otherwise, tells us in a little more detail as to what
you want, and I am sure someone here can help you.

take care,
tim.

PS. remember, this is an opensource webmail package, designed by folk from
around the world on various platforms. Yes it needs a little bit more
manpower, then again that is what system administrators are for, and the
result is.. It has tons more support then you'll ever have with a
commercial package. If you think you get better service and functionality
out of a commercial package, please go ahead, nobody here will want to stop
you. You can pay as much $$$ as you want. You could even employ someone to
install Horde and IMP, I am sure there are plenty of folk on this list that
will do just that for you! But at the end of the day, it is not our problem
that you have not the time/skill/patience to figure it out yourself.