[imp] Determining IMAP Backend

George A. Theall theall@macp.org
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:49:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Harry Hoffman wrote:

>   I want to add an imap server to my "other accounts" but can't seem to get it
> to work properly. I don't know what version it is. All that I get is this:
>
> OK 2002-mar-27[CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS AUTH=LOGIN]
> astro-login1 IMAP4rev1 2001.315 at Thu, 8 Aug 2002 00:06:50 -0400 (EDT)
>
> If I use a netscape mail client to access it the namespace is shown as:
> Personal namespace: "#mh/","#mhinbox"
> Public (share): "#public/","#news.","#ftp/","#shared/"
> Other Users: "~"
>
> It seems like some sort of UW-IMAP variant but I can't tell.

It's UW-IMAP version 2001a apparently -- the string "2001.315" is the
version, as defined in src/imapd/imapd.c.  Further, based on the
namespaces you list, the server is configured to use the legacy mh
format for mailboxes.

> Does anyone know an easy way to determine how to setup up the other clients in
> fetchmail?

I don't know fetchmail, but if you're asking how to configure it to work
with this particular server, you probably need to know the inbox is
accessed as #mhinbox and other non-shared folders prefixed by #mh/.

George
--
theall@macp.org