[imp] problem with horde + imp + imap/ssl + ldap

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 06:57:09 -0700

Quoting dimitra deka <dimi@ucnet.uoc.gr>:

 | I checked apache's logs, there is nothing. I managed to connect to
 | horde using ldap, but i cannot connect to imp!! I configured horde, in
 | order to use ldap, i connect to horde, and then i try to connect to
 | imp i get the error: "
 |
 | Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
 | in /directory/horde/lib/Prefs/ldap.php on line 329

Check your maillog and slapd.log.  You seem to have configured prefs in
ldap, too.

 | Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by
 | (output started at /directory/horde/lib/Prefs/ldap.php:329) in
 |  /directory/horde/imp/index.php on line 27
 |  "
 |
 |  can i use imp with ldap? I thought that i can, but i didn't find
 | anything to configure imp as i configured horde. and when i configured
 | horde to authenticate by imp, i couldn't login at all!!

Many on this list are using imp w/ldap for authenticating.

 | So where am i wrong?
I assume that your imap or pop server are working properly and you can login
to them from the command line.   You might try a session like the following.

# telnet yourimapserver.com 143
Trying 10.0.0.1...
Connected to yourimapserver.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2002 Double Precision, Inc.  See COPYING
for distribution information.
. login eculp@yourdomain.com userspassword
login NO Error in IMAP command received by server.
. capability
* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA STARTTLS
. OK CAPABILITY completed
. logout
* BYE Courier-IMAP server shutting down
. OK LOGOUT completed
Connection closed by foreign host.

look at your slapd log and see what happens there with to connection
attempt.

With pop you will be able to do the same but with the pop syntax and port 110.

Hopefully this will get you closer to a solution.