[imp] login problems in IMP with CVS HEAD

Amith Varghese amith@xalan.com
08 Aug 2002 22:44:19 -0400

I'm running CVS HEAD of imp and I am running into a strange problem when
trying to login in certain situations.

Currently I have IMP setup so that if I goto
http://mail.mydomain.com/webmail it forwards to the login screen.  In my
httpd.conf file I have the following

Alias /webmail "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/imp"
Alias /webmail/ "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/imp/"

When I get to the login page i get the following message:

Your Mail session has expired. Please login again.

In my horde.log the following message appears

Aug 08 22:28:35 HORDE [info] [imp] Session timeout for client
[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] [on line 83 of
"/usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/imp/login.php"]

I then enter my username and password and hit enter.  The page sits
there for a while and then prints the following message in the error
log.

Aug 08 22:28:39 HORDE [notice] [imp] Login success for user@mydomain.com
[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] to {mail.mydomain.com:993} [on line 82 of
"/usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/imp/redirect.php"]
Aug 08 22:28:54 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to
mail.mydomain.com:993[imap/ssl/novalidate-cert] as user@mydomain.com [on
line 161 of "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php"]

The error message in the browser then shows up as

Login failed for some reason. Most likely your username or password was
entered incorrectly.

the big *however* is if i type in the browser
http://mail.mydomain.com/horde/imp/login.php (i.e. I go straight to the
login.php without going through index.php) everything works fine.  I can
log in and use the system with no problems.

Why does going through index.php (and redirect.php) cause my login to
fail?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Amith