[imp] What is JAWmail? How ot related to IMP?

Roger B.A. Klorese rogerk@queernet.org
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 21:28:36 -0700

Rudi Benkovič wrote:

>Ok, I'll license the MIME IMAP parser (one file) under LGPL, as it
>should be. Registry was only taken as an _idea_, not code; that is
>design of what it should do. Same goes for the whole look of the
>package: it only _looks_ similiar, the code was written by me. Is it
>really that hard to understand? ;)

UI design is a technical skill and an intellectual invention, just as
much as coding; if you make your product look like someone else's, even
if you don't use a line of their code, you're exploiting their work --
after all, you didn't have to make those decisions from scratch -- and
you should credit them for it.   Is it really that hard to understamnd? ;)