[imp] Session expired errors

David Collins davidpcollins@yahoo.com
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:17:16 -0700 (PDT)

Some users are reporting that they are getting session
expired errors when trying to send a message,
spellcheck, etc.  IE 6 and Netscape 6.2 have been
reported as doing this so far.  Accounts that did this
do work on other machines.

One machine had both browsers on it.  IE started
having problems and then about a week later Netscape
did the same.  I know that this machine hasn't had any
browser/software/OS config changes. One user changed
their time zone from Default to America/Chicago (which
both user and server are in) and that seemed to have
fixed the problem.  The user had no problems for the
rest of the day.  Everything functioned normally
(logins, sending, etc).  Next day, it's back to giving
expired errors.
It appears to me to be a client-side issue.  I wiped
out all of the cookies and cache on that machine so
it's not that simple.  I scanned the list and tried
some of the previously mentioned fixes with no luck.
Anyone have some ideas?

Thanks,
David