[imp] 2 windows, 2 different accounts - no joy

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:27:12 -0400

Quoting barry <Barry.Haycock@b-online.com.au>:

> i have setup
> horde-2.1-rc1
> imp-3.1-rc1
> turba-1.1-rc1
> apache1.3.23
> mysql-3.23.49
> php-4.1.2

First of all, you shouldn't expect too much when you post a query like this
beyond "update your versions"; please don't expect people to go digging
through outdated code when something may have been fixed in a final release.

> if a person opens to browser windows and logs into 2 different email
> accounts one of the accounts will after the user does anything display
> all of the contents of the second window. and nothing can be done to get
> it back. It appears that horde/imp doesnt have session management and
> just displays one account on both browser windows.

Actually, you simply misunderstand how sessions _work_. If you disable
cookies in your browser, this will work fine. If you use two different
browsers, this will work fine; if you tell your browser (somehow; some let
you, some don't) to stop sharing cookies between windows, this will work
fine.

But, if, as is the case for you, your browser windows share cookies, Horde
will only _see_ one session between the two windows, so of course it will
send the same thing to both.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>